Skilled Nursing Care
The skilled nursing level of care provides physical, emotional, social, and restorative services to those who require continuous medical supervision and continuous Skilled Nursing observation. Our skilled care services offer amenities and conveniences to enhance the comfort of our residents.
People best served in Skilled Nursing care are those who:
- need nearly complete assistance for most physical or hygiene activities
- require relatively complex medication and treatments, as well as pain management
- need frequent and sometimes continuous supervision in connection with Alzheimers and dementia
- need potent injectable or intravenous medications
- need extensive care after a stroke or major illness
- require tube feedings
- require oxygen on a regular basis
- have experienced some minor or major surgery
- have had recent fractures, such as a broken hip
- are receiving special therapies
Sunset Home also offers Intermediate care, a special level of service for those who require light nursing care and assistance with daily activities. It’s a unique care option that provides older adults respect and compassion in a warm and friendly atmosphere, so they can relax and enjoy the meaningful living they deserve!
As with everything we do at Sunset Home, our Intermediate care is person-centered. With freshly prepared meals, opportunities to be involved in enriching activities, or just relax in a comfortable and secure atmosphere, our staff and volunteers provide a balance of independence with an appropriate level of care.
Intermediate Care Light Living
What is Intermediate Care Light Living? Sunset Home offers another level of service when more care is required than a traditional stand-alone assisted living facility may provide. Our service is designed for individuals who require assistance with everyday activities such as meals, medication management or assistance, bathing, dressing and transportation. Some individuals may have memory disorders including Alzheimer’s or need help with mobility, incontinence or other challenges. While others may need the assurance of a little extra care when coming-off Med A and have completed physical therapy, but are not quite ready to return home. There are no hidden costs with the Light Living program. Evaluations are conducted and monitored regularly to assure the proper level of care is always being administered.
(Intermediate care is not covered by Medicare. Please contact our Admissions staff for more details.)
Services included in all levels of care:
- Room and furnishings
- Nursing services
- Basic toiletries (soap, shampoo, deodorant, comb, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- Social services
- Three meals per day plus nourishing snacks and nutritional supplements
- All utilities
- Cable television service
- Computer access
- Telephone line available in rooms (charges for service are responsibility of resident)
- Provision and laundering of linens and towels
- Personal laundry services
- Recreational and therapeutic activities
- Religious services/spiritual care
- Hospice services from a variety of providers
- Transportation to Sunset Home sponsored activities outside the facility, and most medical appointments
- Mail delivery and pick-up service
- Emergency response system
- Facility-wide security system
Please take a look at this article on what to bring.