RESTORE YOUR ROUTINE
Sunset Home’s dedicated Short-Term Rehab Facility can help you get back on your feet quickly, restore your strength, and aid in your recovery to get you back to your daily routine at home. When faced with a choice of rehabilitation options, you do have a choice who you choose as your rehab facility. We offer a full range of long and intensive short-term rehabilitative therapies, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and restorative care.
In-patient rehabilitation through Sunset Home can make life much easier. As you go through the recovery process, travel and daily functions can be dangerous. We help reduce that risk with rehab in a residential setting where you can be comfortable and safe with the help of our amazing rehab team. We are proud to help you reach your goals so you can lead a full and productive life in your own home and surroundings.
Enjoy a comfortable and inviting environment as you heal and restore your routine.
• Selection of private rooms with upscale amenities.
• Cable television
• Available in-room therapy
• 24-hour skilled nursing care
• Meals provided, plus snacks
• Private dining room
• Housekeeping & laundry services
• Open-ended visiting hours
• Religious services & spiritual care
• Transportation to follow-up medical appointments
• Dedicated therapy team
There are many health-related situations that trigger the need for a Short-Term Rehab stay:
• Recovery from knee, hip, or other joint replacement or repair
• A decline in independence following hospitalization
• The need for intravenous antibiotics
• Intensive Physical, Occupational, & Speech Language Therapies
• State-of-the-art therapy equipment
• Strengthening & reconditioning
• Oxygen Therapy
• Wound Care
• Restorative Care
Physical Therapists provide evaluation, treatment and ongoing assessment to improve mobility, decrease pain, and improve strength and endurance. Our sessions include:
• Fall Prevention/Balance Activities
• Safety with Ambulation & Transfer
• Body Mechanics & Joint Protection Training
• Joint Mobility/Tone Management
• Pain Management
• Community Re-entry Training
Occupational Therapists offer specialized assistance in learning skills that enable residents to lead more independent and productive lives. Therapists help restore functional activities of daily living (ADL’s) with the goal of safe and independent living.
• Environmental Adaptations to Increase Safety & Independence
• Dressing, Grooming, & Toileting
• Safety & Endurance for Activities of Daily Living
• Adaptive Equipment Provision & Training
• Assistive Device & Wheelchair Fitting & Training
• Body Mechanics & Joint Protection Training in Activities of Daily Living
• Vision & Hearing Assistive Devices
• Joint Mobility/Tone Management
• Sensory Stimulation
Speech Language Pathologists provide ongoing treatment in a program that includes screening, evaluation and therapy for language, voice, articulation and fluency disorders. Our Speech Therapists specialize in addressing dysphagia (swallowing disorders), which is a critical component of overall therapeutic treatment. Our sessions include:
• Expression & Comprehension
• Memory Training
• Vocal Quality
• Oral Motor Strength & Range of Motion
• Neuromuscular Re-education
• Diet Changes & Alterations
The restorative program at Sunset Home is for those residents that no longer qualify for skilled therapy services. The goal is to help residents to maintain their highest level of functioning and restore activity.
Our restorative nurses and certified nursing assistants work closely with our physical therapy staff to maximize our resident’s level of functioning and promote their safety. Personalized programs, such as how to move from a wheelchair to a bed or strengthening exercises, are developed for each resident depending on their need.